BREAK BULK CARGO FROM INDIA – APT LOGISTICS INDIA
Break bulk cargo refers to individual or smaller pieces of cargo that are loaded, transported, and unloaded individually, rather than being consolidated into containers or loaded in bulk (such as liquids, grains, or ores). It includes a wide range of goods that are typically not containerized or unitized. Break bulk cargo is usually handled piece by piece, palletized, or bundled together for transportation.
Break bulk cargo can encompass various types of goods, including:
- Heavy Machinery and Equipment: Large, heavy machinery and equipment that cannot be easily containerized or is too large for standard container dimensions. This may include industrial machinery, construction equipment, and factory components.
- Project Cargo: Specialized components required for large-scale projects, such as infrastructure development or industrial installations. These could involve complex, oversized, or delicate items that need careful handling.
- Steel Products: Steel coils, beams, pipes, and other steel products are often transported as break bulk cargo due to their weight, size, and handling requirements.
- Forest Products: Items such as logs, lumber, and paper products that are challenging to fit into standard containers or require specialized handling.
- Vehicles: Non-operational vehicles, heavy trucks, and other types of vehicles that are not suitable for roll-on/roll-off (RO-RO) transport may be shipped as break bulk.
- Agricultural Equipment: Large agricultural machinery, such as tractors and combines, that cannot be easily containerized.
- Manufacturing Equipment: Fragile or sensitive manufacturing machinery and equipment that require careful handling and stowage.
Break bulk cargo is used for ocean freight under several circumstances:
- Irregular Shapes and Sizes: When the cargo’s size, shape, or weight doesn’t conform to standard container dimensions or handling capabilities, break bulk may be the best option.
- Lack of Infrastructure: In regions with limited port facilities or where containerization is not feasible, break bulk cargo is a practical solution for transporting goods.
- Special Handling Requirements: Delicate or sensitive cargo that requires specific handling procedures or protection may be shipped as break bulk to ensure its safe arrival.
- Limited Quantity: When the quantity of cargo doesn’t justify the use of a full container or when consolidation with other cargo isn’t practical, break bulk shipping can be more cost-effective.
- Project Cargo: For large-scale construction or development projects, break bulk cargo may be used to transport specialized equipment and materials.
- Customization: Break bulk allows for more flexibility in stowage and securing methods, making it suitable for items that need specialized care during transit.
It’s important to note that break bulk shipping can require more time, labor, and coordination for loading and unloading compared to containerized shipping. Proper stowage, securing, and protection of break bulk cargo are critical to prevent damage during transit. As the shipping industry has evolved, containerization has become more prevalent, but break bulk shipping remains an important option for certain types of cargo.
APT Logistics is well known company for handling break bulk and heavy cargo.
Kindly contact APT Logistics on the below mentioned details :-
B-215, ASHOKA SUPER MARKET,
S.V ROAD, GOREGAON WEST,
CTC :- BALA IYER – +919820517857 ( PHONE / WHATSAPP)
SACHIN TIWARI – +917700914388 ( PHONE/ WHATSAPP)