PACKING & CRATING SERVICES PROVIDED BY APT LOGISTICS INDIA FOR EXPORT SHIPMENTS
For both air and sea exports in India, there are various types of cargo packing methods available. The choice of packing method depends on the nature of the cargo, its size, weight, fragility, and other specific requirements. Here are some commonly used types of cargo packing for export:
1. Palletizing: This involves placing the cargo on pallets and securing them with straps or shrink wrap. Pallets provide stability and ease of handling, especially for heavy or bulky items. Palletized cargo can be easily loaded and unloaded using forklifts.
2. Wooden Boxes/Crates: Cargo can be packed in wooden boxes or crates for added protection. These boxes are made of sturdy wood and can be customized to fit the dimensions of the cargo. They provide excellent protection against impact, moisture, and other external factors.
3. Corrugated Boxes: Corrugated boxes are widely used for packing various types of goods. They are lightweight, easy to handle, and can be easily stacked. They are suitable for smaller shipments and provide a certain level of protection against external elements.
4. Containerization: For sea exports, cargo is often packed inside shipping containers. The cargo is loaded directly into the container, which is then sealed and transported to the port. This method ensures optimal space utilization, protects the cargo during transit, and allows for easy handling.
5. Crating: Delicate or fragile items may require specialized crating. Wooden crates are custom-built to provide maximum protection and shock absorption. They are commonly used for artworks, high-value electronics, and other sensitive cargo.
6. Vacuum Packing: This method involves removing air from the packaging to create a vacuum. It is commonly used for perishable or sensitive goods to prolong their shelf life or protect them from moisture and deterioration.
7. Hazardous Material Packaging: If the cargo contains hazardous materials, it must be packed in accordance with international regulations, such as the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code for sea shipments or International Air Transport Association (IATA) regulations for air shipments.
APT Logistics can provide guidance on the specific packing requirements relevant to the type of cargo, the mode of transport, and the destination country’s regulations. Adhering to proper packing methods ensures the safe and secure transport of goods during export.
For any shipment query, feel free to contact us.
Bala Iyer – firstname.lastname@example.org- Cell/WhatsApp No.: +91 9820517857
Sachin Tiwari- email@example.com- Cell/WhatsApp No.: +91 7700914388