APT Logistics – India – Your logistics PartnerThe process of freight forwarding might seem daunting, especially if you’re not familiar with the process of freight shipping, but these facts you need to know about freight forwarding will help you through the process.A freight forwarder like APT Logistics is responsible for the transportation of goods between one destination and another. Freight forwarding companies specialise in arranging the whole process for their shippers, from the storage to the shipping of their merchandise. They act as an intermediary between the shipper and transportation services, liaising with various carriers to negotiate on price and decide on the most economical, reliable and fastest route. Using a freight forwarder like APT Logistics to import and export goods can make the whole process much less stressful. Extremely knowledgeable in the elements of supply chain, freight forwarders like APT Logistics can assist on all levels, from the packing and warehouse stages to the customs procedure, taking some of the pressure off you.
Freight forwarders like APT Logistics can assist with the supply chain process on multiple levels including:
• Customs Clearance
• International export and import documentation
• Inventory managementUsing a freight forwarding company like APT Logistics for the transportation of goods to your consumer can be advantageous to your business in many ways. Using their knowledge and expertise, freight forwarders like APT logistics will ensure that your goods will arrive at the correct destination on time and save you money in the process, compared to doing it alone.
Freight forwarding companies are not responsible for delays in shipping. These delays often occur due to bad weather, breakdown, port delays or unforeseen route changes. Although shipping delays can be frustrating, it is important to remember that it is out of your freight forwarding company’s hands and that they’re trying to resolve it as quickly as possible.
Your freight forwarder is in charge of your precious cargo, so it’s important that you establish a good working relationship with them. You want to ensure that you choose a company like APT Logistics ( India) that you can trust and rely on, as well as one with impeccable customer service to ensure that your cargo shipments arrive safely and on time.
Before leaving your goods in the hands of your freight forwarder, you need to ensure that all of the paperwork for transporting your goods is completed. Freight forwarder like APT logistics will be able to help you with this, but it’s an incredibly important step to reduce the risk of your items not being released from customs or the bank refusing to release your funds – neither of which would be beneficial to your business.Freight forwarding companies like APT logistics (India) adhere to strict regulations and will not carry certain goods and substances, particularly by air or sea freight. Although the list of prohibited items varies from country to country, freight forwarders are generally restricted on:
• Dangerous Goods (including flammable liquid and toxic items)
• Drugs (prescription and recreational)
• Perishable items (except for those on special express delivery)Many freight forwarding companies like APT Logistics (India) offer extra services for your shipment, so it’s always worth asking them when receiving a quote. These extra services include warehouse storage, cargo insurance, cargo tracking and dangerous goods handling. Even if you don’t require them, it’s always worth bearing these additional services in mind for future reference.
The freight forwarding process can be broken up into six key stages, including:
• Export haulage – the transfer of goods from its original source to the freight forwarder’s warehouse.
• Export customs clearance – the goods receive clearance to leave its country of origin.
• Origin handling – the unloading, inspection and validation of the cargo against its booking documents.
• Import customs clearance – the customs paperwork for your cargo will be checked by the authorities.
• Destination handling – the handling of cargo once it reaches the destination office, including transfer to the import warehouse.
• Import haulage – the transfer of cargo from the import warehouse to its final destination.With freight forwarding comes a lot of paperwork, especially when shipping overseas. Freight forwarder like APT Logistics (India) provide you with all of the relevant documents, including:
• Commercial invoice
• Bill of Lading
• Certificate of origin
• Inspection certificate
• Export packing list
• Shippers export declaration documentIt’s essential that all of these documents are provided in order to ensure that your goods reach your customer without any issues arising.
Well-established freight forwarders like APT logistics have an incredibly strong network of contacts and experience in the business. Not only will this help you to get the best price for shipping your cargo, but it will also ensure that your goods arrive in a timely manner. Experienced freight forwarders will have encountered a multitude of problems along the way, so they’ll be able to quickly and efficiently deal with any issues which may arise as your goods are transported.For any queries, contact:
Ms. Diana D’Souza : +91 22 4978 7802 email@example.com
Mr. Bala Iyer : +91 98205 17857 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Manoj Guruji : +91 93232 13776 email@example.com
Mr. Mangesh Bhosle : +91 84339 88532 firstname.lastname@example.org